BeskrivelseSummer school 15th -26 July, 2019 at the MSTDCD training Centre in the beautiful surroundings at the foot of Mt. Meru, near Mount Kilimanjaro, Northern Tanzania.
The Summer school “Animating Sustainable Development Goals” gives you concrete tools to working with communication in a collaborative and engaging way. Taking point of departure in real life challenges such children’s rights, gender issues, environmental problems we explore how animation is used as an analyzing approach and a powerful tool to get your message through. No matter you background or drawing capabilities you can participate and after two weeks end up with a short animated film that you can use to clarify and communicate your cause.
You will meet 3 dedicated educators and practitioners from Denmark and Tanzania.
VIA in Denmark educates top students for the animation and film industry globally and work with social responsibility through development work in the framework of the UN sustainable development goals worldwide.
Ubongo Kids is Africa's leading producer of kids' edutainment. As a non-profit social enterprise, they create fun, localized and multi-platform educational content to children in East–Africa convening important messages and learning to millions of children daily.
The course is a mix between theory and practice. You will get a broad introduction to Global Development Work and together with other participants, you will chose concrete development topics that you thoroughly explore and use in the animation workshop.
The participants will gain knowledge of:
Contemporary development issues
• Historical and contemporary Development Theories
• International Organisation of Development Work
• Basic understanding of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
• Examples of how the SDGs are addressed concretely
Communication through animation
• How to produce an animated film
• How to communicate with animation
• Different animation techniques
• Transforming an idea /problem into an animated film
• Transforming a text into an animated film
• Animated visual storytelling
• The impact of short and clear narratives.
• The use of metaphors to explain difficult and sensitive topics
Creative, inclusive, Social Learning processes
• Collaborative, inquiry based learning processes
• Facilitate, guide and support creative processes
• Constructive criticism and review methods
• To create an encouraging and engaging environment for dialogue and sharing of perspectives
• Initiate a small-scale investigation such as; exploration of children’s perspectives on a theme or finding new solutions to a problem
• Communicate with other people in order to develop their thinking and ways of exploring the world
• Plan, practice and perform the collection of empirical data.
• Categorize, analyze and discuss the data in order to produce new knowledge
|Periode||15 jul. 2019 → 26 jul. 2019|
|Sted for afholdelse||Center for animation, visualisering og digital fortælling|
|Grad af anerkendelse||International|
- Læring, pædagogik og undervisning
- Uddannelse, professioner og erhverv
- fn verdensmål
- Æstetik, design og medier