- in supervision before, during and after the practical skill performance
- as a tool for feedback to students regarding their permormance of practical skills
- in reflection and self-assessment during practical skills learning
- in analysis of practical nursing situations
- as a tool for analysis in research
What can the model add in supervision?
- Common language about practical skills
- Highlight quality and complexity in skills performance
- Focus on professionalism in actions, not the person
- Informs specific practice of single categories in skill learning
- Support progression in the learning process
- Stimulates the transfer of structure in learning between different practical skills
- Transparency in skills assessment
- Increases professional awareness of practical skills
Content in the workshop:
- Presentation of the Model of Practical Skill Performance and a pedagogical model including criteria’s of good performance
- Presentation of the actual use of the model as a learning tool in simulations laboratories and as a tool in supervision in clinical practice
- Demonstration of the model in supervision and as a tool in formative evaluation - video.
- Participants identifie skills in their professions and develop a case where the model can come in use.
- Participant discuss the potential for the use of the model in their practice, educations and countries.
- Presentation of implementation of the model in nursing education – example from a Scandinavian context and reflections of knowledge translation
|Bidragets oversatte titel||Generisk model for udførelse og læring af praktiske færdigheder|
|Status||Accepteret/In press - 2018|
|Begivenhed||8th International Clinical Skills Conference: Conversations; including conversations with patients, conversations with and for learners, conversations of different roles for clinicians, and how we can prepare for them - Prato, Italien|
Varighed: 19 maj 2019 → 22 maj 2019
Konferencens nummer: 8
|Konference||8th International Clinical Skills Conference|
|Periode||19/05/19 → 22/05/19|
- Uddannelse, professioner og erhverv