Torben Lund Skovhus is Researcher and Project Manager at VIA University College in the Centre of Applied Research & Development in Building, Energy & Environment (Horsens, Denmark). He graduated from Aarhus University, Denmark in 2002 with a Master's degree (cand.scient.) in Biology. In 2005 he finished his PhD from Department of Microbiology, Aarhus University. In 2005, Torben was employed at Danish Technological Institute (DTI) in the Centre for Chemistry and Water Technology, where he was responsible for the consultancy activities for the oil and gas industry around the North Sea. Torben was heading DTI Microbiology Laboratory while he was developing several consultancy and business activities with the oil and gas industry. He founded DTI Oil & Gas in both Denmark and Norway where he was Team and Business Development Leader for five years. Thereafter Torben worked as Project Manager at DNV GL (Det Norske Veritas) in the field of Corrosion Management in both Bergen and Esbjerg.
Torben is currently chair of NACE TEG286X and ISMOS TSC an organization he co-founded in 2006. He is an international scientific reviewer and the author of 50+ technical and scientific papers and book chapters related to industrial microbiology, applied biotechnology, corrosion management, oilfield microbiology, water treatment and safety, reservoir souring and biocorrosion.
- TL Skovhus, J Lee and D Enning (2017). Microbiologically Influenced Corrosion in the Upstream Oil & Gas Industry. CRC Press (ISBN 9781498726566). https://www.crcpress.com/Microbiologically-Influenced-Corrosion-in-the-Upstream-Oil-and-Gas-Industry/Skovhus-Enning-Lee/p/book/9781498726566
- TL Skovhus, S Caffrey and C Hubert (2014). Applications of Molecular Microbiological Methods. Caister Academic Press (ISBN 978-1-908230-31-7).
- FJ Passman, TL Skovhus, C Whitby (2013). Special Issue - 3rd International Symposium on Applied Microbiology and Molecular Biology in Oil Systems. Elsevier. Vol. 81, page 1-146.
- S Juhler, TL Skovhus and I Vance (2012). A practical evaluation of 21st century microbiological techniques for the oil and gas industry. Energy Institute (ISBN 978-0-85293-638-2). http://publishing.energyinst.org/topics/environment/microbiology/a-practical-evaluation-of-21st-century-microbiological-techniques-for-the-upstream-oil-and-gas-industry
- C Whitby & TL Skovhus (2011). Applied Microbiology and Molecular Biology in Oil Field Systems. Springer Publisher (ISBN 978-90-481-9251-9).